How to make salmon patties with cooked salmon, bread, green onion, dill, bell pepper, egg, lemon, and paprika. These easy salmon cakes make a perfect midweek meal.
f the mixture is too wet to form patties, add a little more shredded bread (not the crusts) to the mixture. If too dry, add a tablespoon of water.
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained of all but 2 tablespoons of the can liquid, flaked
- 1 large slice bread (crust removed), shredded (1 cup, 50 g)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion, including the green parts
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Several turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Mix patty ingredients: In a large bowl, gently mix together the salmon (including 2 tablespoons of the can liquid), bread, green onion, garlic, dill, bell pepper, flour, egg, paprika, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
2 Form into 8 patties, each about 1/2 inch thick.
3 Brown in skillet: Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Cook the patties until nicely browned on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.